Do you like CommanderCast? Do you have something you’d like to say to anybody on the site, be it compliments, feedback, or suggestions of some kind? There’s always a few ways you can get ahold of us.
To contact individual members of the staff, head over to the Staff page and look up the person’s contact information.
Are you interested in submitting content for publication on CommanderCast? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Here you can find submission guidelines I highly recommend reading before sending anything in for consideration.
CommanderCast is a community-driven project. I love having the opportunity to showcase works that have been produced by other EDH players. There are a lot of players who are interested in writing, drawing, making videos, and so on, but aren’t sure where to start or how to get it noticed. I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to provide a soapbox to you if you want to take advantage of it. All I’m asking, really, is that you don’t shit on it before you step off.
Here’s the submission guidelines for pretty much any piece of media:
- E-mail me (CommanderCast(at)gmail(dot)com) introducing yourself and whatever it is you want me to consider posting. You don’t have to give me a huge synopsis or anything since I’m about to view the piece of work anyway, but something to let me know what I’m getting into is nice. If you’re sending me an article, I only accept them in a Google Docs format, so be advised. Google Docs is the easiest way for the editing team to prowl the article, leave feedback, and so on. It’s a great system and I recommend getting used to it if you’re interested in working with CommanderCast in writing.
- I can refuse content based on just about anything. This just means I don’t accept pieces with references to things like rape or excessive profanity, but also lets me turn away work I don’t like. Be advised this is super-rare.
- If you send me an item to post, it’s mine now and I own it. This just means I can post/repost it at will and nothing else. You keep the original and can post it wherever you want too, with or without edits from my team. I just have to do this so I don’t have somebody approach me in a year and be like “hey remove my article”, because I’m not down with that.
- Your work will probably be edited and sent back to you, and if you find any of the edits objectionable, then you have the right to withdraw the submission. My editing team is pretty laid back, we only really fix spelling and such. If we send something back to you with criticisms, it likely means we’re invested enough to want to post it but want to see some work done on it first. Don’t consider this a rejection; it’s a good thing.
- Nobody gets paid for anything on CommanderCast. Any compensation I’ve ever received for the show has gone directly back into covering the costs for contests and hosting. Everything done here is on a volunteer basis and I plan to keep things that way.
JOIN THE POSSE
If you find these terms agreeable and have something you want me to post, then go ahead and ship it in. If you find the rules disagreeable, that’s cool too; you can always email me and see if we can hammer something out. I’m pretty relaxed about this kind of thing.
In addition to people who are just creating articles, videos, and the like that are Commander-related, there’s also the chance that you run some kind of website or blog of your own with EDH content on it. Here at CommanderCast, we have a wide range of ‘affiliate’ websites that I link to frequently because they’re awesome and I want them to be recognized. I am always looking to make sure credit is given where it’s due, so if you run your own site, feel free to get in touch with me about it: CommanderCast(at)gmail(dot)
You have nothing to lose here as I ask for literally nothing in return; I just like making sure people see good work.